Disorders involving the front surface of the eye can vary from dry eye to severe corneal scarring requiring transplantation surgery. Dr. Kremer and Dr. Zwickey specialize in the medical and surgical treatments of corneal diseases. The latest treatments, including endothelial transplantation and amniotic membrane grafting are offered for patients with these conditions.
Special services include:
- Corneal transplant surgery – replaces the cornea with live donor tissue.
- Tissue Specific Corneal Transplant Surgery, such as DSEK and DALK.
- Computerized corneal topography – precisely maps the curvature of the cornea.
- Pterygium removal – removes a scar-like growth on the surface of the eye.
- Treatment of infectious diseases of the eye’s surface.
- Surgical treatment of corneal and conjunctival ulcers and other disorders.
- Corneal and scleral wound repairs – for damaged cornea and scleral tissue.
- Treatment of dry eyes and blepharitis.